Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Random Thoughts Including Alabama and Shark Week...

Random thoughts…

I lived in Alabama for 10 months when I was in 6th grade and the fashion trend at Prattville Intermediate School was to buy humorous boxer shorts and wear them underneath white, see through track pants. I never really understood why this trend was cool, but I never understood a lot about people from Alabama. My first day of school on the bus ride home we drove through a trailer park with a burning cross in someone’s front yard and the kids on the bus weren’t phased at all. Seriously… Let that sink in… I will never forget that. It will be 2064 and I’ll be flying around in my car still thinking, “I must avoid Alabama today because those rednecks are fucking crazy”. By the time this trend became all the rage, I had learned not to question the freaks but just smile and nod along with them. Now, I never partook in the boxers under track pants trend for one big reason. I could not figure out how to intelligently tell my parents that I needed boxer shorts with glow in the dark smiley faces and athletic pants that you could see though. I rolled ideas around for a good month, but never got up the nerve.

This week is Shark Week. Last night there was a show that taught the viewer how to survive a shark attack. This hour long show didn’t mention the number one way to survive… STAY OUT OF THE MOTHER F-ING WATER!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG he threw up in the ALLEY???? I am mortified. I'm so sorry boyfriend!!! :(

    ReplyDelete