Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eat. PREY. Love...

You know what I hate… Eat. Pray. Love. I don’t know why because I’ve never read the book, but something about it really annoys me. I always kinda just shrug it off when friends bring it up as this great book I should totally read. I know I shouldn’t judge a book by its cover, but look at it…


It says, “One woman’s search for everything across Italy, India, and Indonesia”. One woman’s search for everything? I already know she fails. How can you find everything? How do you even measure everything? And everything across three large countries? This book is not thick enough. It would have to be like a Michener on steroids for this woman to find everything across Italy, India, and Indonesia. Oh, and the movie coming out, meh. Julia Roberts is so exhausting. I feel like she over acts every emotion and every thought. Like somewhere in the script it might say, “Julia stares out the window, looks past her reflection, and sighs.” Watching that scene would makes me cringe. I can see and feel the wheels turning in her head thinking, “Do I look sad and pretty. Does it look like my foot is asleep? Can they see the veins in my neck? Do you think they are looking at my old lady hands? I hope they aren’t remembering that one time I didn’t shave my underarms for like five months and then went to an award show in a sleeveless dress.” I’m so over you Julia. I can’t even remember a good creative roll you’ve played in fifteen years. (Okay I just IMDB-ed her and I forgot about Closer and Stepmom. I love Closer. I can only watch it once a year or so, but I love it as much as I love Caddyshack and I probably watch that movie once every two weeks. And, I don’t care how many times I watch Stepmom I love that sad, sad, movie. It gets me every time. You know that scene at the end when Susan Sarandon is dying and she and Julia are talking about the daughter. Susan is upset she will never see her daughter get married and when she does get married she will have Julia at her side. Julia is crying because she knows even though she’ll be there the daughter will be thinking of Susan. OMG giant crocodile tears…)

How to make Eat. Pray. Love. better??? Rename it, Eat. Prey. Love. and the book cover could look something like this…


It’s Jurassic Park meets Notting Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment