Friday, February 11, 2011

What The Kids Are Listening To These Days: Mindless Behavior and My Confusion...

A few weeks ago Boyfriend and I went to dinner and we drank a bottle of wine, which means I drank half a bottle of wine. I don’t mean to write that like, “Oh! What’s up losers the other night I totally drank a half a bottle of wine and was like soooo wasted… word!!!” I’m not bragging. If I wanted to brag I would talk about the time Davis Girl and I went to Central Market and drank 3 bottles, had Boyfriend come pick us up only to go back to my house drink one more and spend the rest of the night crying on my old back deck because we just loved each other so much. I could really brag about that night, but that’s not the point of this post.

I had not had anything alcoholic since Baton Rouge, so that half a bottle of wine got me a little tipsy. Nice tipsy, you know. Hyper tipsy, but not crazy annoying “I can’t understand you, you lush” tipsy. Anyway we had a great dinner and came home and started a game of Scrabble. I know you guy want to start judging, but we like Scrabble and tipsy Scrabble is even better. Then it was as if Jesus looked down on us all comfy on the futon, Boyfriend’s legs on mine, me dropping triple word scores all over him, and said, “Yes, I like those people. I will make their night even better because I am Jesus… and I can.”

That’s when I found the FUSE and MTV HITS channel I had no idea we even had access to on our TV.

That night FUSE was running a two hour Britney Spears Special that played ALL of her music videos!

Jesus really does love me.

Last night after watching Bear from Man vs. Wild bite a snake’s head off, I turned to the MTV HITS channel and watched a few videos before heading to bed. Which means, this morning when Boyfriend turned on the TV it was still on MTV HITS. He had to come and get me when this song started playing…



Introducing Mindless Behavior!
Staring Princeton! (Don't you ivy leaguers feel stupid now?) Prodigy! (I don't think he was the Smack My Bitch Up singer from 1997, because he probably was only... well actually I was going to type 3, but really he was probably not even born in the 90s...) Ray Ray (who I'm pretty sure might be that Willow Smith kid) and Roc Royal (who according to lots of YouTube comments is sooooo cute!!!)

I'm pretty sure these kids are a mutation of NSYNC and KrisKross with a little Will Smith thrown in there to keep it clean.

Let's take a sample of their lyrics...

"I got a clue how you feel for me. 1-4-3 a smiley with a wink. That's how you feel baby that's what's up. A hundred forty characters, is more than enough." - Okay I might not be on Twitter, but I get the 140 character reference (thank God) but I have no idea was 1-4-3 means. Boyfriend and I tried to figure it out this morning, and I'll be honest my mind got real dirty real fast and since I told my Dad I would try not to cruse as much on my blog I don't think a paragraph about what I suggested 1-4-3 might mean would make him very happy. But my point it, if 1-4-3 isn't dirty then why not just say what it is instead of being all mysterious and talking in number codes.

"When you say yo, then I'll say hey love. You hit me with a sad face, what I do? I hit you with a question mark. You send me back a J slash K, said I'm just playing with you." - If this is how kids are flirting over text messages to quote a fabulous movie, "I weep for the future." Really? Sad Face and then j/k??? Come on youth of America! When I was in high school it was practically an art form, flirting over AIM and then texting. I can't tell you how many nights I stayed up until 4AM perfecting my electronical flirting skills. Step it up kiddos, because sad face, j/k isn't going to hold them for long.

"She text me after school, she do it like it's homework. Up in the salon, she do it like it's homework. My girl's in love, I think I'm in love. I wonder what she texted now." - THIS DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!!! At first I'm thinking if she's texting him likes it's homework, she must be bored and about to break up with him because homework is boring and dumb and these prepubescent Black Street wannabees are comparing their lover's texts to spelling words or Biology terms. Yet, then she's in love and he's in love. With each other? With the teacher? With who? AND THEN, he wonders what she texted... Hey dumby! Why don't you actually look at the text??? Just saying that might help a little...

This is reason 46,285 why I don't want kids, you have to listen to this crap while driving them to the movies or soccer practice in your mini van.

7 comments:

  1. I think maybe 143 makes a smiley face that winks. But I'm old, I have no idea how to acutally do that. And I feel dumber for having watched this

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-4-3 = I love you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you get "i love you" from 143?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I = 1 letter Love = 4 letters You = 3 letters therefore, 1-4-3 = I Love You Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahahaha I love this post!! I wouldn't go on a date with a guy if he texted me to ask me out...that makes me old, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say I am surprised you didn't know what 143 means!!! I am the same age as your sister and I am pretty sure people were using that when we were in high school!!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel really old right now. I had no idea what 1-4-3 meant/means...I am so uncool. I did get the texts of all texts a week ago in NYC...thankfully it was not a 1-4-3! I will email you. Lylas...that is what was cool when I was young! ha ha

    ReplyDelete