Friday, February 18, 2011

Rocky: AKA The Dumbest Movie EVER!!!

In my last post I wrote about the yummy cocktails Boyfriend and I drank last Sunday at Second Bar + Kitchen. After indulging in too much gin and fried foods, we stopped at our favorite used music and DVD store, Cheepos, and grabbed some new movies. Somehow, I’m sure it was because of the gin, the movie Rocky made it into my home.

Here’s the thing… I had never seen the movie all the way through to the end, and I’m sure my opinion (my very negative opinion) of this movie is probably based on tiny bits and pieces of Rock I, II, III, IV, and the very little known Rocky 15 “The Italian Stallion is finally put out to pasture” I’ve seen on TNT every now and then for the past 20 years. But, Boyfriend promised me Rocky is a great movie. Heck, it won best picture at the Academy Awards… it can’t be that bad, right?

It is.

Seriously, Rocky is the dumbest movie I’ve ever seen and I own Club Dread and The Jerk. I mean those movies might be dumb, but at least they are funny. I read later on IMDB that when the producers bought the script from Sylvester Stallone they paid less than they originally offered because Stallone won’t sell it unless he could star in it. My question is this… Who in their right minds meets a guy like Stallone and says, “Yeah, lets buy a script from this guy. Let’s buy the script that half the F-ing dialogue in the first half of the F-ing movie is about turtles. And that guy who wrote this giant ode to turtles, let’s have him star in the whole damn thing.” TURTLES!!! Haha, this crazy, too old boxer, who no one can understand likes turtles. How kooky is that? No wonder Boyfriend likes this movie… When we first started dating he had two turtles for pets named Becky and Gobo. They lived in a casserole dish on his bar, until I guess he got sick of them and we let them go in the green belt.

On that note... Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. What ever happened to said casserole dish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love The Jerk! I have only seen bits and pieces of Rocky 1-15, and have NO desire to increase my Rocky viewing time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good back then...not so much now. Don't you want to run up the steps in Philly....ha ha

    ReplyDelete