Monday, January 31, 2011

The Sag Awards Fashion: I Couldn't Help Myself and Neither Could Sofia Vergara...

I really had no plan to recap or write about the SAG awards fashion. Which now that I think about it, I’m not quite sure why. I was crazy excited for the Emmys and I’m super upset that LSU Friend is going to be out of town and thus we can’t hold our annual Oscars Party. (Because doing it two years in a row would make it an annual thing right?) Honestly I forgot about the SAG awards until I flipped on the TV last night and saw they were coming on in ten minutes. Yesterday I drank for the first time since the Baton Rouge Madi Gras Ball and ate fried food for the first time since… I think the beginning of the year. But in my defense LSU Friend and I drove out to Fredericksburg and I think the city council makes you stop at wineries and then eat Wiener Schnitzel with German beer so you are willing to drop your big tourist dollars in stores with furniture like this…
Anyway, so when I got home my tummy wasn’t feeling all that great. So, I dragged some pillows and blankets into the livingroom, made myself comfy on the futon, and turned on the TV. It was either Bridalplasty or the SAG Awards. I choose the later.

Best Dressed - Mila Kunis She almost took the best dressed title at the Emmy's but at the Sag Awards she really had no competition. None of the photos I could find really do this dress justice. When she was walking on stage the reds and pinks and whites mix beautifully together and the belt sparkles adding just a tad bit of pizazz and bling. She completely out shined Natalie Portman (even with her cute PG waddle).

Weirdest Switcheroo – Lea Michele and Amber Rylie

First up, why do you think Lea Michele and Amber Rylie decided to switch dresses? Because Lea’s dress is the skinny bitch version of the sparkly wonder that Amber wore to the Emmys, but whatever because I still love it. Amber on the other hand is wearing the same boring Oscar “you call him Oscar” de La Renta look-a-like gown Lea usually wears to every awards show event.

Best Pnina Wannabe - Angie Harmon Y’all know the dresses I’m talking about. That show on TLC called Say Yes To The Dress show cases them all the freaking time. Pnina Tornia sells her tacky and completely inappropriate dresses to the bitchiest brides from all over the country. You know the ones, they always come shopping with their mothers who swear they are little angels and their best “mean girl” friends who secretly hope they trip down the aisle and are divorced in five years. They talk about having a “fairy tale” wedding and then drop 6 grand on a see through wedding dress that some albino peacock regurgitated the week before. I don’t know how Angie Harmon got trapped in these whorish, bridal feathers, but I fear for District Attorney Abby Carmichael.

Psss… You’ve spilt something Dress – Barbara HersheyPsss… you’ve split something on your dress, Barbara.

Fabulous, Fabulous, Fabulous Couple – Ernest and Tova Borgnine Ernest was being honored for his lifetime in movies and television, and although he looks great, can we please talk about his wife. DAMN TOVA! I saw her last night sitting next to him and couldn’t wait to see her full look from the red carpet. After Googling her I found out that she is the fifth wife of Ernest, has had a skin care line called Beauty of Tova for 21 years, and is Norwegian. See, you do learn something new everyday. I love her dress. I love her giant hair. Bravo Ernest for landing such a hottie.

Where did she go? – Guiliana Rancic Have you guy seen that episode of Family Guy where Chris becomes a famous artist and move to New York and starts dating Kate Moss except he’s always losing her because she’s so skinny and fall through floor boards and blows away in the wind. I think Family Guy’s animated version of Kate Moss has been Guiliana’s inspiration for just a little too long. Say it with me, “EAT A CHEESEBURGER”!!!

Most Adorable – Hailey Stienfeld Love her! I’m thinking the dress could have just been straight to the floor without the little poof at the bottom, but whatever. The colors totally make up for any “poofing”. It’s fun to see pink and orange on the red carpet on a young girl who can wear super bright colors together and still look appropriate. Just like at the Emmy’s, I love her natural hair and lack of crazy fancy diamonds. Keep it up Hailey and please, please, please fight for the role of Katniss in the movie version of the Hunger Games!!!

Best Lisa Kudro Look-a-like – Heather Morris
Seriously I thought Heather was Lisa… with a whole lot of plastic surgery…

Best for the Pool in Austin – Sarah Hyland
Burnt orange color, check.
Cute tie at the waist, check.
Easy to throw over your swimsuit for a day at the pool or river, check.
Short length to show off my tan legs… crap… I’ll need some scissors.

Best “Did you know I’m sexy” dress – Sofia Vergara
Yeah… she just can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment