Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A New Addition To The Family... George Michael

A while ago I wrote a blog post about how I think about winning the lottery like all the time. (Read it HERE.) I wrote that one of the first things I would buy is a Great Dane puppy. Well ladies and gentlemen, dreams do come true.

Introducing George Michael!
Yeah, I can't tell which are males and which are females, but I'm told our little guy is in there somewhere.

Boyfriend and I have wanted a dog for over three years. We spent a year deciding if we just wanted to go to the local shelter and adopt or what breed would best fit in with our wants and lifestyle. Two years ago we decided on a Great Dane. Finding the perfect breeder was not the easiest thing I’ve ever done, but I know it was worth all the emails and forms and time to make sure I’m getting the perfect puppy who will grow up to be our best friend and part of our little family. It was not a quick process, but Boyfriend and I both knew George Michael would be worth the wait. I promise to post more photos when I get them.

Also, a special thank you to Bianca Gonzalez of Pegasus Great Danes (Check out the website) for remembering me from an email I sent her almost a year ago. She has been so wonderful by answering all my questions about George Michael’s mommy (my baby momma) and dad and texting me numerous photos throughout Baby Momma’s pregnancy because I could only Facebook stalk her photos online so many times.

Oh and FYI... George Michael is named after the Arrested Development character George Michael played by Michael Cera. If we ever get a cat his name will be Tobias, and maybe one day GM will get a cousin named Maeby (Maybe). He is not named after the famous singer/songer writer, but don't think we haven't thought about how it is going to be a little weird yelling for Geroge Michael at the dog park.(Michael Cera as George Michael Bluth)



More photos soon!!!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot wait to meet him...SF and CM are so excited! I am not allowed to get another dog to I hope your sister has Maeby! Keep me posted when you actually get him!

    ReplyDelete