Friday, November 19, 2010

A Quick Little Post: Cookies!!!

New Friend A is thinking about starting a Cookie/Baked Goods business maybe through etsy.com. (Which is totally my favorite new website, by the way.) Because we are such good friends now, she included me in her list of Guinea Pigs to send trial cookie packages too. Awesome because I get fun mail, which still even after college is not lost on me, and yummy cookies to eat and hide from Boyfriend.

For A’s sake I will try to be as thorough as possible because I know she wants all the details about how her cookies made it all the way to Texas, but please remember that I was extremely excited to eat the cookies and really just wanted to rip the package open with my teeth…

This is how the box looked when it arrived yesterday. It was upright and the box wasn’t smooched or crunched in anyway. However (and I’m not sure if this is how she packaged it or not) there was a large gap under the clear tape across the top of the box. You can see it better in this photo…

Okay so here it really starts getting good… OMG the smell when I cut open the top of the box and pushed the flaps back!!! A made me peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies and they smelled like Jesus himself had cried tears into the batter. I wanted to eat the box, but then I remembered I could just eat the cookies inside, so I didn’t. Oh, and the little hand written note on the inside box was cute. (E – that’s me.)

Inside the inside box the cookies were wrapped in plastic wrap in pairs. All but one of the pairs of cookies was still in tact. Only one pair had pretty much fallen apart to become crumbs. But, yummy crumbs and I think peanut butter cookies are pretty crumbly so one out of the bunch wasn’t that bad.

Here you can see all the other cookies arrive still looking like whole cookies and ready to be eaten. (Boyfriend also wanted the picture to highlight my watch he gave me last summer and that’s why my hand looks awkward. At least I think it looks awkward.)

First bite…

Feast time…

I have to say the cookies were very good. You could defiantly taste that they were not store bought or from a tub of cookie dough. The chocolate chips were big and more like chocolate chunks. I personally like a lot of peanut butter taste and could have gone for a little more peanut butter, but Boyfriend said more would have been too much. The cookies were fat and still very moist and fresh, even after their trip across the country via the US Postal System. Also they were a good size. Not too big, not too small. The only thing that would have made them better would have been a big glass of ice cold milk in the package as well.

All in all, very yummy cookies!!!

Big thanks from Austin New Friend A!!!

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the details E. I will use different cardboard boxes in the future, that one fit really awkward in the post office box, hence the giant gap. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed them! (Heat them up for like 15 seconds in the microwave, they get even better that way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing with LSU friend :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. my sister (a) makes the best cookies and brownies around the world! she gave me brownies the other day and they were aweeeeesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awe, thanks Josh! Text me and let me know what days you have off this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. LSU Friend needs to come over this weekend... Whatchya doing buddy...

    ReplyDelete
  6. My suggestions to Friend A...order something from a reputable bakery you adore and see how they are packaged...Make it look like a present!

    ReplyDelete