Thursday, June 23, 2011

I Need You Help! Oh, and Boyfriend's New Foot Wear...

Okay, blog readers, I’ve done a lot for you in the past. In the past year, well almost year, I’ve slaved over my TV set recapping series just to be seriously pissed off when people like Gretchen win Project Runway, I’ve embarrassed most of my friends (and I don’t have that many to start with), and I’ve shamed myself countless times by telling and retelling way too many awkward stories about my life. I’ve done this all for you readers.

So, I’m asking for something in return. I need advice.

My sister, over at www.froggyandthemouse.com is on this HUGE blog kick. She just got her own domain, she upped her blogging skills by tackling wordpress, she got some designer to make her fancy new graphics, she started Tweeting, she has a specific FaceBook page just for her blog, she blogs like every day… Can we all just take a moment and bask in my sister’s awesomeness…

Okay no more basking, back to doing.

I by no means and am trying to be my sister, but Sister has this goal of us both going to the BlogHer 2012 Conference and to do this, I would much rather have a sponsor (or multiple sponsors) to pay for a big chunk of the expense. Therefore I need to up my blog awesomeness and get some more exposure.

Being a part of BlogHer is really cool. I applied and did a lot of work like five months ago just to be put on a waiting list. Now, you can find me on their website www.blogher.com and that ad there ->

Yeah, if you click that I get paid… heck yeah!

My big issue with marketing my blog is I feel like it doesn’t fall into a nice, neat category for readers. Meaning I can’t market to fashion sites, because my blog is not a fashion blog. It’s not an entertainment blog nor a TV blog. I’m not a mother, military wife, or deaf African American gardener. If anyone can figure out how to explain LemonsLemonsLemons in 5 words or less, please let me know. And just FYI, “Awkward 20 something” seems to be too vague and hasn’t really helped me.

I would also appreciate some feedback about what you like and don’t like about my site. Do you like the title or do you think it’s weird and has nothing to do with what I write about? Do you like my blog’s simplistic style or should I jazz it up a bit? Are the BlogHer ads in a weird spot? Is the font to small? Do I use to many pictures or not enough pictures? Are you on Twitter? Would you follow LemonsLemonsLemons if it was on Twitter? What are you favorite posts ever? Which posts did you not care for? Do you miss the TV recaps? Would you like more red carpet coverage?

I know I’m asking a lot, but I’m very interested in hearing what you guys have to say and how y’all feel. I know many of you don’t comment very often, but please help me out today and leave a quick note.

Oh, and because I don’t expect you to do everything for me, here is a mini post.

Last week, Boyfriend and I drove to San Antonio to hang out with my parents, grandparents, and uncle. 30 minutes before we left Boyfriend came limping into the kitchen where my grandmother and I were playing a card game while waiting for dad to finish the ribs on the grill.

Boyfriend: “Um, do you think your parents have a Band-Aid?

Since Boyfriend refuses to wear shoes whenever he is within 100 feet of a pool, of course he was walking barefoot while cleaning the filter and of course he cut his foot. My mom quickly transformed in Wonder Mom and had his foot bandaged in less than five. One Dora the Explorer later and he was fine. Five minutes after that we were all sitting around the table eating ribs and everything in the world was good once again.

On Monday I came to a bag full of this on my table.

According to Boyfriend ALL this was needed to help him heal properly because his foot had almost fallen off in San Antonio.

Oh, and in case you are wondering what a “finger cot” is, here is a visual.

Yes, Boyfriend has been walking around all week with a tiny condom on his toe and he sees nothing wrong with this.

Please, please leave some comments and help me out. Thanks y’all!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should promote yourself as an Austin blogger. It's specific enough that you can market yourself to a good (local) group of people, and vague enough that you can still write about anything you want (fashion, tv, your dog, eating etc).

    Oh, and people don't have to click your banner for you to make $. You get paid from ad (page) views ... so the more you throw your blog link out there, the more $ you make :)

    We will chat more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and yes, I am awesome. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like the mix of stories. Your writing style is funny and the personal touch you give them makes them funnier. Love when there are pictures/analogies, references...etc. I think what people like is that you are relatable be it for Project Runway, Boyfriend, dog, family. So, in 5 words or less...

    1. Pee your pants entertaining stories
    2. laugh out loud entertaining life commentaries (okay so that was six)...

    PS...I would probably follow you on Twitter, but would need a lesson and if it were super easy.

    Please tell Brother to put on some gosh dang shoes...the toe condom is not cute...but rather funny. His foot looks really poofy in that shot. I also hope his tetanus shots are up to date. Remind him he is not that dual survivor guy.

    ReplyDelete