Thursday, March 24, 2011

What Annoys Me and What Makes Me Happy...

You know what really annoys me… Okay that’s an extremely loaded question, let me try again… You know what is really annoying me right this minute? People who are barely older than you acting like your this adorable little child who will never know what it’s like to be 27 and a half and all the hardships that particular age brings and if (bless my heart) I’m ever able to make it to that ancient age it will never be as hard for me as it is for them because of the most random factors ever! Am I making any since? Let me explain further…

27.5 Year Old Person (talking to me): You’re 26! Awww… I remember being 26…

Me (to myself): I would hope so. I mean that was only 18 months ago. You remember September 2009… right?

27.5 Year Old Person (still talking to yours truly): Wow… 26… so long ago…

Me (out loud now): Yeah, but it really wasn’t that long ago if you think about it Taylor Swift’s Love Story was a chart topper and I still can’t get that song out of my head. You know what else was happening… conflict in the middle east, global warming, and baseball season coming to an end. It’s not like when you were 26 Rosie the Riveter was calling for you to get excited about factor work or the vacuum cleaner was invented or Jesus was crucified!!! No I have bottles of nail polish older than a year a half. NOT THAT MUCH HAS CHANGED!!!

27.5 Year Old Person: You just don’t understand because you’re a little too young. But someday soon you will…

Me: (::headdesk::)

Now, I’m not saying I don’t look at my little cousins and think, “Wow they are so big and grown up” or Best Friend’s little sister and tell her, “I remember when you were in first grade and we were dressing you up like the Disney character Mulan”, but I would never patronize a 25 year old because she just can’t understand the hardships and crazy maturity level people reach when they become 26.

You know what also really annoys me… having to buy a car when I don’t want to buy a car. So, like I said earlier this week, my car was stolen from outside my house on Monday night or in the wee hours of Tuesday morning. According to my insurance (the oh so chipper Angela) the Cops get two weeks to recover the car or I’m SOL and they give me a check to go buy another car. Yeah, Angela, I know about those checks… you know why? Because I got one of those check exactly 2 years ago when my Mazda 3 (color – winning blue) was totaled by a hail storm! That car was my graduation gift from my parents and had been paid off for exactly two months, meaning I didn’t want a new car. I liked that car and didn’t want to have to buy a new car, just like right now. I liked my Tribute and I don’t want to have to buy another car. Just once I’d like to have a car that I pay off and drive for 7 to 10 more years and then after researching and thinking it over and test driving my options over a long period of time I would enjoy the fun of buying a new car. But no, if they don’t find Yolanda (that was my Tribute’s name) I’ll get to make another rushed decision after trying to test drive every car in south Texas over a soggy Jason’s Deli sandwich with my dad.

(Time Out: Dad I love that you helped me pick out Yolanda and I’m crazy grateful that you will help me again. It’s not the spending time with you I hate, it’s the rush PICK A CAR NOW timing that I hate. Again, you’re awesome. Time In)

You know what I don’t hate…

Starlight Express Promo Videos on YouTube - because who don't like musicals about trains

And some behind the scenes...

Bargain Music's Wednesday which I've liked for while, but I LOVED the song after I over heard some guy singing and playing it on his Guitar at Barton Springs trying to con it off as his origional song to this chick that was with him. I think she was really into him as well, until I walked by and said, "Oh Bargain Music! I love them!" She gave the hippy guy with the guitar a mean look and walked away. My bad. So this song goes out to Random hippy guy at Barton Springs who uses other people's music to pick up girls in bikinis...

Great Dane puppy and a kitty...

4 comments:

  1. Honey and Lemon really make me want a great dane! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video was awesome until the end. Way to make me cry Lemons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about Yolanda....it just sucks...I hope it gets better soon.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you better get a kitten. Can hardly wait to see GM!

    ReplyDelete