Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mumford & Sons and Tim Tebow: A Conversation...

A few months ago Boyfriend and I were watching the Grammy’s and in between wondering about Katy Perry’s angel wings and Cee Lo’s AMAZING red chicken costume, Boyfriend heard Mumford & Sons for the first time.

TV: “But I will hold on to hope… And I won’t let you choke… On the noose around your neck…”

Boyfriend: “Why is Tim Tebow on TV singing?”

Me: “That’s not Tim Tebow that’s the lead singer of Mumford & Sons.”

Boyfriend: “I’m pretty sure you’re wrong. That’s Tim Tebow.”

Me: “I’m pretty sure I’m not. That’s the dude from Mumford and Sons. That’s why he is playing music and not football on the TV at the Grammy’s and not Monday Night Football… But you're right, he does kinda look like Tim Tebow.”

Fast forward to last night

Boyfriend (singing in the shower): “But I will hold on to hope… And I won’t let you choke... On the noose around your neck…”

Me: “You know they sing other songs, right?”

Boyfriend: “Yeah, I YouTubed them all. Go look on the computer.”

And he wasn’t lying. My laptop was sitting open on the bed and YouTube was on the screen showing Mumford & Sons’ songs. So I played one that a friend had recommended on Facebook.

Boyfriend (out of the shower and in the bedroom now): “So you’re just hanging out in here watching Tim Tebow on the computer?”

Computer: “Align my heart, my body, my mind…To face what I’ve done and do my time…”

Me: “No I’m watching the hot, British, guitar playing Tim Tebow. There’s a difference.”

Boyfriend: “You think Tim Tebow is hot?”

Me: “No, again, hot, British, guitar playing Tim Tebow is hot. Religious, virgin, gator Tim Tebow equals not hot.”

Boyfriend: “So because he has a British accent he’s hot?”

Computer: “But it was not your fault but mine… and it was your heart on the line…”

Me: “The British accent ups his hotness by like two points. He gets another three for being in a band and playing the guitar and a bonus point for it being a good band and him being good at the guitar.”

Boyfriend: “So Tim Tebow doesn’t get any points for playing football?”

Me: “Not when he plays for stupid teams like Florida and Denver and especially not for stealing the Heisman from Colt.”

Boyfriend: “Good to know. How many extra points do pool men get?”

Boyfriend's favorite, The Cave

1 comment:

  1. Oh...this is what he was talking about. We were driving in IL and I drove, played DJ and navigated and he told me to pause on this song. Yes, a hot accent drives up the points as does a David muscle and nice teeth.

    Please tell brother I understand now!

    ReplyDelete