Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Quicky...

I have a real post that should be up either this afternoon or tomorrow, but I couldn't not post this.

Knockoff Jewish Silly Bandz Come in a Dollar Sign



A company named Benny's Educational Toys is selling a line of Jewish-themed knockoff Silly Bandz called JewlyBandz. They come in all different kinds of shapes synonymous with modern Jewish culture, like a menorah, a dreidel, and a dollar sign. Educational, indeed.

I first learned about SillyBandz on the blog The Meanest Mom. (It's hilarious and reminds me daily why I don't want children.) After learning what they were I began to see them everywhere on elementary and middle school kids. Then Boyfriend and I went to our local High School football team's game two Friday's ago and the Booster Club was selling "Austin High" SillyBandz. You know you have a great, ridiculous product when band moms are selling them in maroon and white football shapes.

Then I saw the JewBandz and couldn't stop laughing. Maybe if I had, had these in all my Jewish classes I could have fit in...

2 comments:

  1. no freaking way... this is the most hilarious thing I have seen today. perhaps even this week. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a silly band. It's in the shape of an 'S'. Oh yeah. I'm cool.

    ReplyDelete