Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Other Addictions and a Portrait of my Sister...

The day I started this blog I knew I would write a blog post about my addiction to breakfast tacos. They really are a very important part of my life. If you read this blog regularly, you know that a few weeks ago I started going to Boot Camp at 5:30 in the morning to get my butt back into shape. On day one of Boot Camp, my trainer sent us an email of nutritional information to eat healthy and thus, lose more weight and look more amazing. I read the damn thing front and back and couldn’t find a single time the two words, “breakfast” and “taco” were written next to one another. My love, my passion, my addiction was not allowed, and therefore I was going to have to quit cold turkey. Like most addicts and most people who try to quit anything cold turkey, I haven’t been 100% successful. Now I don’t stop every morning at Taco Cabana or Rudy’s like I used to, but a couple of times I haven’t been able to get rid of the shakes with yogurt and fruit. Sometimes, like this morning, I just have to dash into Taco Shack and grab me a potato, egg, and cheese.

But, I should stop talking about Breakfast Tacos because I’ve already written about that love and addiction and I am kinda making myself hungry.

Lemon Lady’s Other Addictions!!!

Popsicles: Besides Breakfast Tacos I go through phases with foods I crave and have to have. Davis Girl and other college roommates probably remember my love for banana peppers from the jar and Best Friend remembers how during my senior year of High School I only at cheese and peanut butter crackers with a box of apple juice for breakfast every morning. (Well every morning until I got my own car and could drive to Taco Cabana…) Right now I am on a huge Popsicle kick. Not just any popsicles, but the ones that come just as juice in a plastic shell and you have to freeze them so they become popsicles. And not the name brand Fla-Vor-Ice but the knock offs that HEB sells in the red mesh bag, two for four dollars. I eat the purple, orange, and pinks first. Then I start on the reds and greens, and when I have no others left I eat the blues. I do not like blue flavored things. And, yes, blue is a flavor! But if I’m all out of grape, orange, strawberry (I think that is what pink is suppost to be) cheery, and lime, I will totally go there. The fact that I will eat the blue popsicles, even though I kinda don’t like them, totally makes me an addict. I figure it is like when Crack addicts are all out of the good stuff, they don’t cry and wish they had saved a hit for a rainy day. Crack addicts get down on their hands and knees and search the carpet for that tiny bit they dropped last Tuesday to support their habit. Obviously my popsicles wouldn’t last in the hot harsh climate out of the freezer, so I only have to search behind the chicken breasts I never remember to take out and thaw for dinner and that cold pack I used once in college. This is why I am superior to Crack addicts. (Popsicles! Improving Self Esteem One Plastic Wrapper at a Time!)

Dove’s Go Fresh and Energize Beauty Bar: I never used bar soap until I started dating Boyfriend. Boyfriend might be the most meticulous shower taker I’ve ever seen. He makes me feel dirty watching him get clean. (Haha! That’s what she said.) I’m not trying to have a dirty mind here. I’m trying to state a fact. Boyfriend usually gets home after me and the first thing he does is get in the shower. He showers and I sit on the toilet and we talk about our days or have geography quizzes with the help of our map of the world shower curtain. The boy lathers up so much that if he doesn’t stand under the water it looks like he is wearing a soft, yellow, onesie. He spends like five minutes on each toe. He washes his head with soap and then shampoo. (For y’all who don’t know Boyfriend he shaves his head, so he has very little hair.) He does all of this with Dove’s Go Fresh and Energize Beauty Bar. It’s made from lemongrass and grapefruit and I think fairy wings (although that’s not on the box). Pretty much it’s the Dove soap in the yellow box. He smells amazing when he gets out of the shower. Seriously, no cologne is better, and Axe Body spray or wash can suck it, because nothing smells better than clean Boyfriend and yellow soap. Mark me down as an addict.

Bloody Mary: Okay first of all I mean the drink and not Queen Mary who murdered a whole lot of English people for not being Catholic. Whoever decided to first mix tomato juice and vodka together is a genius and whoever then made it spicy and added celery might just be Jesus. In fact we all know the Bible has been translated and retranslated 100s of times, so maybe in the original version of The Book of John, Jesus’ last super was bread and Bloody Marys instead of bread and wine. But seriously, who doesn’t love the fact that they can get a serving of fruit out of the way by mixing it with alcohol. Plus you get all sorts of snacks in your glass to munch on like celery and olives. I am on a search for the best Blood Mary and the best Bloody Mary Bar in Austin.

Best Bloody Mary!
Reds Porch on South Lamar: VERY SPICY and they put spicy green beans in the glass to snack on.
South Congress Café on South Congress: They make their Blood Mary with jalapeño infused Titos vodka.
Boyfriends Bloody Mary: He throws in onion and bell pepper as well as an extra shot of the good stuff, Dripping Springs Vodka.

Best Bloody Mary Bar!
Cover 3 on Anderson Lane: Hands down, this place has no competition. It is a giant spread of mixes, veggies, spices, and hot sauces that covers three tables. Plus they give you a list of premium vodkas to choose from.

On a completely different note… I got a message today letting me know that my sister’s baby is officially the size of a lemon! I picture it as something like this…

2 comments:

  1. I think it's completely uncool of you to lure me into reading this blog with promise of 'me' talk and then proceed to fill it with information and vivid descriptions of Popsicles and bloody marys.

    Also - the drawing of my inside baby looks like Stewie from Family Guy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. blue is my favorite flavor of almost anything. too bad we dont live closer to each other- we could swap popsicles.

    and I would LOVE one of those bloody marys with jalapeno vodka. yum...

    AND, last but not least, i kinda like your stewie-esque/lemon-headed sister's inside baby drawing. WAY better than I could have done :)

    ReplyDelete