Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Seriously You Guys... Can I Just Grow Up Already

When do you become an adult?

I know I’ve asked this question before, but seriously this time. When will I be a grown up?

Here are somethings that have happened in the past week that make me think I’m grown up…

I paid my car insurance
I made healthy food for lunches this week
I turn off all the lights in my house when I leave
I only had two glasses of wine on Saturday instead of the whole bottle
I woke up early on Sunday and took my dog for a walk

Here are some thing I’ve done in the past week that make me think I’ll be child FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE…

I paid rent – 2 days late
I had migas for breakfast with Boyfriend on Sunday and then two hours later I had second breakfast with LSU Friend that consisted of chips, guacamole, and a Bloody Mary
I went to Target with three things on my list: pool toys, candy, and face paint
I shot gun a beer completely sober in my own home just because Boyfriend said I couldn’t do it
I gave my dog a pig’s ear so he would be content while I played Beer Pong on my original 1947 hardwood floors
I went to a 4th of July BBQ with people whose average age was probably 28 only to spend 40 minutes in the pool singing along to the Disney songs playing from a fellow BBQer’s iPod with all the other people who were there.
…and I have proof…

2 comments:

  1. I played the Toy Story 3 version of Chutes and Ladders. What list does that fit in to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I paid rent – 2 days late... happens to everyone.


    I had migas for breakfast with Boyfriend on Sunday and then two hours later I had second breakfast with LSU Friend that consisted of chips, guacamole, and a Bloody Mary.... one is called breakfast the other is called brunch. It's just an early lunch.

    I went to Target with three things on my list: pool toys, candy, and face paint... i call this being prepared.

    I shot gun a beer completely sober in my own home just because Boyfriend said I couldn’t do it... that is called determination and proof that you can.

    I gave my dog a pig’s ear so he would be content while I played Beer Pong on my original 1947 hardwood floors... If it worked then it's fine.

    I went to a 4th of July BBQ with people whose average age was probably 28 only to spend 40 minutes in the pool singing along to the Disney songs playing from a fellow BBQer’s iPod with all the other people who were there.... we have to draw the line somewhere- it may be time for you to grow up. Or at least introduce them to some better music!

    :)

    ReplyDelete