Saturday, July 17, 2010

I really am trying...

It has been brought to my attention by a few readers that my proof reading isn’t exactly on par. I really have no excuse, but I beg you to stay with me. I have been writing for quite some time, but I have always been apprehensive (read, downright nervous as Hell) to let people read my writing. For four years boyfriend has been begging me to let him read my work. I’ve gone back and looked through all the stories I’ve blogged and I will repost them in their new, shinny, no mistake form very soon. I am going to make a conscience decision to wait and let boyfriend read everything before I post it. Believe it or not I do proof read and reread and then reread again before I post. It’s just never been my forte.

That being said, I love this so much!!! I’ve had more fun in the last few days than I’ve had in a long time. I forgot how much I like to write. It’s fun to have a hobby you look forward to and that other people appreciate. Thank you all so much for the feedback and nice comments here, on Facebook, and in texts. It really makes my day.

Back to the usual posts later today or tomorrow…

Before I go, here are some oyster photos from dinner last night. Boyfriend and I had an amazing meal at one of our new favorite restaurants, Perlas. With the same owners as Lamberts and investors as La Condesa, you can't go wrong with this oyster and sea food place on South Congress. (Sorry the pictures are dark. Stupid old iPhone doesn't have a flash.)

2 comments:

  1. Keep at it, your writing really is funny and light hearted. I've been toying with the idea of starting a blog too, since I love to write. I know what you mean about being nervous, it's like putting your diary online!

    ReplyDelete
  2. meh- who needs to proof read? Its over rated anyway. ;)

    ReplyDelete